Planning

Reading 02:

For this weeks reading we were asked to choose our topic for our proposed book. We had a choice of a number of topics, after reading through all the topics I decided to choose "Why Humans Play" 

I chose this topic as there are endless things to be talked about for this topic, the topic can stretch much further than just playing video games as humans have been playing long before video games were a thing. After choosing the topic we would like to do we were asked to create a research strategy that we would use when researching for the topic. We were given a "Review Matrix" to prepare us for recording our sources. 

We were then given an information guide on the process of writing a literature review, this was split into 2 separate parts. 

Part A: Planning your approach.

This goes on to explain how the first most important thing before writing up a literature report is what king of report it will be, such as the purpose of the report. From there we pick a topic that fits in to the course theme, for us it is to do with gaming and playing. From there, narrow it down to the Who, What, When, Where, Why and focus on specific aspects. 

From here I went on to research some more articles which could help in preparing for a research topic. 

These are the links that I found most useful:

  • https://www.masterstudies.com/article/how-to-create-a-catchy-research-topic/
  • https://www.scribbr.com/category/research-paper/

These sites were good as they simplified it as much as possible to make it easier for people to understand as it can be challenging understanding it in college. 

So far it has even quite easy and understandable but it is only the first week so will see how it goes from here on. 

Comments

  1. Hello Daniel,
    I love the topic you picked that was originally my first option before I switched. You will have plenty to write although be careful I looked through the first book and they mentioned the effects of games on people. I love how you included my go to 5 W’s and How I always recommend this to people with college work!! Good luck with this semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts