Week 9 Reading and Writing

 Looking Back:

For this weeks reading task we are asked to look back at our work done so far and talk a bit about it. This gives me a perfect opportunity to look back at my own work as I haven't really done that much yet and also helps to change up the reading task a little bit which is always a good thing. 

Looking back to the beginning I really liked how the layout of work was given to us for this module. Looking back I hadn't really done an awful lot in the first couple of weeks which is why I am a bit behind at the moment. Our first ever post was a test post just introducing ourselves, this helped us to learn about each other and to get the hang of blogger. In week 2 our task was to talk about our favourite Video Game, I chose Forza as my game to talk about as I knew not many would choose that. Week 3s reading was about Game Design, this let us to get information about what game design really is and got us thinking about what type of game we would like to make ourselves, It also gave us some ideas as to how we would approach game design. Moving on to something more recent such as week 7s reading task labeled 'Game Decisions' we read about 'flow theory' and how it is crucial to any video game, it talks about engaging the players into the game through tasks that increase in difficulty as the player gains experience in order to keep them interested in the game. 

 This is a screenshot from the week 7 reading, this was one of my favourites as it went into a fair bit of detail about the principle behind video games and the charts made it a lot easier to understand. 


Looking Forward:

After looking back at some of the work I've done so far I realised that I need to do a fair bit more work each week to try and make up for lost work, I enjoy the tasks but have to try and dedicate more time each week to getting them done, in terms of making the game it is a similar story as with the tasks, I just need to put my head down a bit and work on it a bit more,  but overall I am pretty happy with the module. 



Comments

Popular Posts